Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I'd like to buy a small lathe

I found a used Grizzly at a steal. It was almost new, not used alot. The
tooling that was included was worth more than what I paid for the Lathe.
expect to spend quite a bit on tooling. You can purchase as you need it. In
my opinion buy as much of a lathe as you can possibly afford.

In my opinion a 10" to 12" lathe with 5C collets is enough unless you -know-
you'll need a larger one. An 8" or 9" lathe with 3 and 4 jaw chucks would
have handled almost all of my projects. Same some money for the milling
machine.