Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dry (no-mortar) roof ridge tiles

In article ,
Andy Anderton wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of these type of tiles? It just seems
like a bonkers idea to me. Surely they'll let all the rain in and get
blown off the first time there's a gale? Or am I just behind the times?

My artificial slate roof has them. Done some 40 years ago, and still fine.
Not sure how they are secured, though.

Other roofs in the street retained the original ridge tiles after being
replaced with artificial slate. And on all, the mortar has fallen out in
places. My guess is it would be better to use a lime mortar that allows
some movement. Which you are bound to get in a roof.

--
*I yell because I care

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.