Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default New Bandsaw - question

"dpb" wrote in message ...

If there's a slight bump at the back of the blade at the weld, a few
strokes with a whet stone will both reveal its presence and remove it.

If the "tick" goes away, good...if not, unless it's more than just what I'm
imagining you're describing, "so what."

If it bothers, move the guide back a smidge...it'll push against it
anyways, as soon as you make a cut and put pressure on the front of the
blade.

I agree... stoning the blade to remove lumps/uneven welds used to be a
common thing but it seems that folks have moved away from it.

On narrow blades and tight cutting radiuses stoning the corners off the back
of the blade is a useful tip too.

The other day it occurred to me that it's been almost 30 years since I found
the rec... fall of 1990. In the world of the WWW it's kind of surprising
Usenet has survived at all...