Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Trying to connect old printer that does not have 2-wqy communicattion

Dave W wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2020 01:07:58 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I wonder if you know your options but don't want to accept them.

I have a new option now - construct a USB to parallel port inside a
Centronics plug housing, using an FT245BL chip.

Here is a summary, as to things your adapter could do.
This file is a PDF, and when it arrives, may need ".pdf"
added to the end of the filename.

http://www.prolific.com.tw/ShowProductPDF.aspx?p_id=6

(PL2305 http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowPr...p_id=6&pcid=41 )

"The PL2305 is default to negotiate with the printer into

Nibble mode for upstream data and

Compatible mode for downstream data transfer."

Whatever that means.

Does every printer do it that way ???

Paul