Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default New Bandsaw - question

On 5/24/2020 9:34 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2020 21:09:51 -0500, dpb wrote:

If there's a slight bump at the back of the blade at the weld, a few
strokes with a whet stone will both reveal its presence and remove it.

Hadn't thought of that. Doh!

If the "tick" goes away, good...if not, unless it's more than just what
I'm imagining you're describing, "so what."

That's basically what I'm asking. "Is this something to worry about?"
I don't want to damage the guide blocks (there are some warnings).

If it bothers, move the guide back a smidge...it'll push against it
anyways, as soon as you make a cut and put pressure on the front of the
blade.

I guess. The instructions say that the blade should ride on the block
and even wear a groove in it (rotate the block every 80ish hours).

Exactly. They're wear blocks, for heaven's sake.