Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Trying to connect old printer that does not have 2-wqy communicattion

On Thu, 21 May 2020 21:16:54 +0100, Dave W wrote:

I will try your method. But your Laserjet 6P is on my Windows 8.1
printer list - maybe it came when I clicked the update button to get
more printers.

The Laserjet 6P is a bog-standard workhorse, if dated. I don't know why there
was a problem.

(You might try a temporary Linux off a USB stick to see if the problem is in
hardware or software.)

I have a D-Link DP-301P+ print server, which does parallel to LAN, and that
worked. I got it because it was in the box "electronics that someone threw out
and I kept because I thought they might come in handy".

"Ethernet Print Server LPT" finds similar devices.

Thomas Prufer