Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_4_] Peter Johnson[_4_] is offline

Default domestic laser printers

On Thu, 21 May 2020 08:58:27 +0100, wrote:

Sadly it seems that toner "does" degrade. I have an infrequently-used
CLP680 colour laser printer and a couple of years ago complained to
Samsung that the print colour had become poor. Their answer was that
toner does not have an indefinite life. I changed the toners and the
problem was solved.

I think that must depend on the brand. My first laser, a Ricoh, had
organic toner that stopped working with age - it must be nearly 30
years ago now so I can't remember the details. Since then I've used HP
LaserJets and they use inorganic toner. The present one, a CP2025,
colour, about 10 years old, sees very little use these days and has
never, so far, had a problem with the toner.