Posted to uk.d-i-y
VIk VIk is offline

Default Sloped Garden levelling and fence wall

I have a sloped garden and I want to pave it. I got the first bit done by the
contractor but would like to attemp the second half myself. I am planning to
hire a digger to dug 2ft deep trench, fill it with concret to build the
holding wall. I would also like to build the wall as a fence instead of wooden
fence. I live in High Wycombe and my main concern is if 2 ft deep trench is
enough for foundation and to make a solid wall. I got the annex built and they
had similar depth for the foundation. The ground in my area is quiet solid and
stoney (sorry for the lack of word). I have attached image of the annex
foundation and the area where I plain to dig. Is it necessary for me to have
a iron skelton in the foundation ? I am not building a massvie wall but just
a single block wall 1 meter high.

Secondly since my I am paving the garden, the council said the water in my
property should drain within my property. My plan is to keep a portion of the
garden unpaved to soak the water and also run a french drain parrell to the
garden wall and holding wall in the middle of the garden. Will this be enought
to keep the garden from flooding or any rain water issues?

Thanks in advance

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...l-1432364-.htm