ARWadsworth

Default Changing a room thermostat / wiring

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Now the question is, which wires would I connnect to where? I am
assuming for the TP7000 the wiring would be:-

N -- COM
C -- ON

The remaining wires not being used?

and for the TP7000M;

N -- COM
C -- ON
N -- N
L -- L

There's no point in connection a neutral to the switch common. It will

cause
the heating to go permanently off.

L(CH On) -- COM
C -- ON
(TP7000M only)
L(Perm) -- L
N -- N

The old "Live" is probably not permanent live. Old analogue room stats had
connections for CH On (from programmer), Call for heat (to zone valve),

and
neutral (used to power a heater to affect hysteresis). I have no idea why
you appear to have two neutral connections, though. It is possible you

have
an odd installation.

One possibiliy is that 5 core flex is been used, the one with 2 black wires.
It is often easier to double up on the neutral than identify the black
cables. I know that the cables are usually numbered, but not all are.

Unfortunately, if the wiring is conventional you probably don't have a
permanent live available,

If the neutrals are doubled up back at the boiler/wiring box it would be
possible to seperate them to give the permant live required

Have a look at the other end of the cable (if it is just one cable/flex to
see if this is possible)
--
Adam