Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trying to connect old printer that does not have 2-wqy communicattion

On Wednesday, 20 May 2020 03:47:31 UTC+1, Paul wrote:
Dave W wrote:

I would like to connect a Canon BJ-10sx to a Windows 8.1 64bit laptop.

I'd be surprised if an inkjet that old still works. They don't last well.

For one old printer, a dot matrix, if you know the name
equivalent, some other dot matrix driver functions as a
"generic" and can make your crusty dot matrix work. There's
really no limit to the ingenuity people put into this stuff.

Last time I ran dot matrices, not recently, many had banks of switches that enabled them to present more than one mode of computer interface.

I can't imagine wanting to go back to dm. Currently listening to 1920s technology, but 1980s printers no thanks.

NT