Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Trying to connect old printer that does not have 2-wqy communicattion

I would like to connect a Canon BJ-10sx to a Windows 8.1 64bit laptop.
The printer has a parallel input, for which I have a USB to parallel
converter. The converter works fine for another printer which declares
its name.

There is no 64bit driver for the Canon, but I have installed a driver
for another printer which should work with the Canon. But as the Canon
can't send back data to the computer, the computer can't recognise it
to match with the substitute driver, the parallel port LPT1: does not
appear in Control Panel, and "No printer attached" appears under
Universal Serial Bus Controllers when the adapter is plugged in.

Is it therefore impossible to connect this Canon?
--
Dave W