Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] konchokrangdrol@gmail.com is offline

Default Chemical Smell From Oven

Im not sure if you resolved this issue but I have a gas stove and have the same issue. I even called my gas company as I rent and the stove is not mine. It started this weekend and I thought that maybe a tenant or landlord was spraying for bugs in another apartment, but no.m

The smell is very similar to the spray professionals use when spraying for insects like cockroaches. It smells in the kitchen and its not a gas leak as the gas company and foremen were over. Both declared the gas stove fine. The Energir inspector, from my gas company refused to take his mask off, when I suggested he stick his head in the oven and smell, as that is where the smell emanates from. He didnt want to remove his mask, even for a second, even though I told him Ive been isolating for months and am not and have not been sick

So last time I cleaned my oven was about a month ago, with hot water and suds so I didnt use anything chemical. Im baffled. Any ideas?