Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No ADSL but LL phone OK after surge

On 16/05/2020 18:29, David wrote:
On Sat, 16 May 2020 04:55:22 -0700, Bazza wrote:

On Saturday, 16 May 2020 11:57:19 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 16/05/2020 10:43, Bazza wrote:
We had a spike yesterday when a submersible pump tripped the main
circuit (RCD) in the consumer unit.

Every thing came back up OK when reset ( including the LL phone)
except the internet connection.
I have tried the following:-

1. Swapped out the ADSL router with a spare.

Can you actually 'web into' the router management interface and see
what it is saying?

The first thing is to get a PC talking to the router with as little in
between as possible - a straight ethernet cable is best.

Then see what the router is saying.

I've had spikes blow routers partially and router PSUs, both.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't
think.

Adolf Hitler

Yes, I can get into the router interface using a standard patch cord and
putting 192.168.0.1 into the browser . All appears to be in order.

When you say that all appears to be in order, have you tested from the
router?

Most management web pages have some simple diagnostics such as Ping tests.

At the very least, is it showing 'SHOWTIME' on DSL stats page

But of course he hasn't bothered to tell us what router it actually is

Cheers

Dave R

--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

ۥ Confucius