Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bazza Bazza is offline

Default No ADSL but LL phone OK after surge

On Saturday, 16 May 2020 11:57:19 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 16/05/2020 10:43, Bazza wrote:
We had a spike yesterday when a submersible pump tripped the main circuit (RCD) in the consumer unit.

Every thing came back up OK when reset ( including the LL phone) except the internet connection.
I have tried the following:-

1. Swapped out the ADSL router with a spare.

Can you actually 'web into' the router management interface and see what
it is saying?

The first thing is to get a PC talking to the router with as little in
between as possible - a straight ethernet cable is best.

Then see what the router is saying.

I've had spikes blow routers partially and router PSUs, both.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Yes, I can get into the router interface using a standard patch cord and putting 192.168.0.1 into the browser . All appears to be in order.