Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Alternatives to cement for grouting slabs round pond

On Friday, 15 May 2020 10:03:04 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
We have a small pond with cement slabs round it, I have wire hooks
embedded in the grout adjacent to the pond to hold a net to stop
herons eating the fish.

Some of the grout is getting a bit decrepit and we're thus losing the
hooks so I want to re-grout. Cement is not a 'good thing' in ponds
and I'm wondering if there are any alternatives I could use. There's
not a lot of bulk required, something stickier and gooier than cement
with (maybe) a bit of flexibilty would suit the job well.

Any ideas anyone?

The usual alternative is sand epoxy mix, not cheap though. Bitumen gets used occasionally.

NT