Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Alternatives to cement for grouting slabs round pond

On 15/05/2020 11:28, Chris Green wrote:
Robin wrote:
On 15/05/2020 10:02, Chris Green wrote:
We have a small pond with cement slabs round it, I have wire hooks
embedded in the grout adjacent to the pond to hold a net to stop
herons eating the fish.

Some of the grout is getting a bit decrepit and we're thus losing the
hooks so I want to re-grout. Cement is not a 'good thing' in ponds
and I'm wondering if there are any alternatives I could use. There's
not a lot of bulk required, something stickier and gooier than cement
with (maybe) a bit of flexibilty would suit the job well.

Any ideas anyone?

I know a man who does

https://www.pavingexpert.com/jointing12

I also wondered, if it is a small area and you could set the anchors
/below/ the pointing, about a sealant (e.g. the grey stuff sold as lead
sealant). IIRC is used in some places on paving, and expert has at
least one example - movement joints

https://www.pavingexpert.com/rigidbpv

Well I've had a good read and I can't really see a product that
fulfils my requirements. They're aimed at being quick and easy to do
standing up. I can't really use anything that involves spreading the
stuff around and sweeping it into the gaps (whether wet or dry) as too
much will go into the pond.

What I want is close to a cement mix but with greater adhesion and
'gooiness'. :-)

I've not used them but FWIW I didn't see why they /have/ to be swept in.
I can't see what would go wrong if one used them on hands and knees
with a pointing trowel. (Well, apart perhaps from back and said.)

--
Robin