Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Fixings into concrete fence post

Also, is it reinforced by rebar rods inside? Avoiding hitting those is a
very good suggestion. Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
On 13/05/2020 19:32, petek wrote:
I'm planning to hang a pair of wooden garden gates between the house wall
on one side and a concrete fence post on the other. The hinge posts (i.e.
the wooden post fixed to both the wall and the fence post) will be 70mm
square and approx 1.7m high hardwood. I'm thinking of 4 fixings for each
post. Any suggestions re the type and size of plugs/screws?

Yes, I understand about the problems drilling into concrete fence posts.
I don't have an SDS drill but could probably borrow one or hire one if
absolutely necessary.

It's the type and size of fixing that I'm not certain about.

TIA
Pete

If you drill anywhere near the edge the concrete will shell off.

Bill