Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Buzzing sound on Panasonic cordless phones

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 May 2020 23:16:31 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 May 2020 15:48:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I just bought this cordless phone and I am having problems with a weird noise. Im wondering what is the problem?

Disconnect the phone line and "answer" the phone. Do you still hear
it?

If so, plug it in as far from where it is now as possible. Even if
there is no phone line, you can stilll "answer" the phone. Does it
still hum. If so there was something near the first location.
If it hummed in the previous step and it no longer hums here, it's not
the phone.

Is it a 60 or 120 cycle per second hum? You can probably find those
frequencies on a piano and see how the hum compares. A-440 is iirc the
A below middle C

A-440 is the A ABOVE middle C, so everything is one octave higher.

in the center of the keyboard, which makes the A below
that 220 and the A below that 110. And below that 55. Are either 110
or 55 close in frequency.

The hum may be coming from a nearby fluorescent light or compact
fluorescent or an LED light bulb, Or even a motor or other electronic
device.

O3r it might be inherent in the new phone but that's unlikely.