Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buzzing sound on Panasonic cordless phones

I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2017 12:06 PM, GARYWC wrote:
I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Find the cause. Probably electrical interference, especially from a
computer. Is the base unit close to something that may cause it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 2 Jan 2017 09:06:58 -0800 (PST), GARYWC
wrote:

I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets.

Just while the phone is ringing? And it stops when you answer?

(The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

Well of course not.

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Maybe consider it an additional reminder that the phone is ringing?
Posted to alt.home.repair

GARYWC posted for all of us...

I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

I have similar stuff. Mine does not do this. It is something in your house.
Notably cheap LED lights or fixtures. Try turning off circuits to track down
the problem. If you have a fully charged battery in the base (at least in
mine) you can turn the whole house off and still use the system. Then call
in from a cell or neighbor to see if it's there. Get back to us.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 13:09:47 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/2/2017 12:06 PM, GARYWC wrote:
I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Find the cause. Probably electrical interference, especially from a
computer. Is the base unit close to something that may cause it?

If I get my flip open dumb phone near my desktop I get noise through
the computer speaker, almost like Morse Code --- annoying sounds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 11:07:02 AM UTC-6, GARYWC wrote:
I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Do you have a wireless router? You might try turning that off to see if it's interference from it. What's the frequency of your phone system? Sometimes WiFi routers interfere with cordless phones. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Cordless Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/02/2017 11:43 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 13:09:47 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/2/2017 12:06 PM, GARYWC wrote:
I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Find the cause. Probably electrical interference, especially from a
computer. Is the base unit close to something that may cause it?

If I get my flip open dumb phone near my desktop I get noise through
the computer speaker, almost like Morse Code --- annoying sounds.

The phone is just reporting your activity to NSA
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 23:20:15 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 11:07:02 AM UTC-6, GARYWC wrote:
I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Do you have a wireless router? You might try turning that off to see if it's interference from it. What's the frequency of your phone system? Sometimes WiFi routers interfere with cordless phones. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Cordless Monster

Panasonic DECT is generally 5.8ghz and does not interfere with or get
interference from wifi or bluetooth. I gave 3 Panasonic DECT phones
and have never had any problem with noise (except for BAD line noise).
A previous set I had got noisy so I threw it away and got the DECT
set. On mine it appeared to be a base station problem as it affected
all phones connected to it.

First thing I would do is connect as standard wired phone to the
system and see if it is noisy too - we did have a cabling problem with
Bell so I switched to OOMA and now I don't have the line noise issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 11:07:02 AM UTC-6, GARYWC wrote:
I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Do you have a wireless router? You might try turning that off to see if it's interference from it. What's the frequency of your phone system? Sometimes WiFi routers interfere with cordless phones. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Cordless Monster

another thing to try is a different power supply "transformer" or
"brick
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Gary, did the buzzing problem start only after installing the new
batteries?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 11:07:02 AM UTC-6, GARYWC wrote:
I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with
Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets
and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA
Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The
caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds? MOVE TO NEW PLACE OR BUY NEW
PHONE !!!

Do you have a wireless router? You might try turning that off to see if it's
interference from it. What's the frequency of your phone system? Sometimes
WiFi routers interfere with cordless phones. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Cordless Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin' Mormon:

No. I put in new batteries (in all 3 handsets) in early Sept, 2015.

The buzzing sound started sometime in early December, 2016.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 1:09:51 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/2/2017 12:06 PM, GARYWC wrote:
I have a Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System (Model KX-TG1033S) which includes 1 base unit, 3 handsets and 2 chargers. All of the handsets have NEW Panasonic NiMH 700mah AAA Rechargeable Batteries.

When the phone rings, a buzzing sound emanates from the handsets. (The caller does not hear the buzzing sound).

How can I eliminate the buzzing sounds?

Find the cause. Probably electrical interference, especially from a
computer. Is the base unit close to something that may cause it?

But if I understand it correctly, this buzzing is from the handset
only when it's ringing. Hard to see how that is from interference.
Sounds more like something wrong with the phone system. IDK where
they generate the ring sound, in the base and send it to the handset
or in the handsets? If it's the former, then could be something's
gone wrong in the base. First thing I'd do is completely remove
power from the base and all the handsets, let them fully reset.
Posted to alt.home.repair

More exact information:

The buzzing sound occurs when an incoming call goes to the answering system.

The buzzing sound is also heard when I listen to recorded messages.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/05/2017 10:36 PM, home owner wrote:
More exact information:

The buzzing sound occurs when an incoming call goes to the answering system.

The buzzing sound is also heard when I listen to recorded messages.

Just my opinion but maybe you have a fly stuck in your ear and it's
trying to get out?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've unplugged the DSL line-filter from the telephone jack but the buzzing noise still occurs when phone messages are left on or retrieved from the answering system.
Posted to alt.home.repair
jj jj is offline

replying to home owner, jj wrote:
Hi. Did you ever find out what was wrong? I have the same problem with a
similar unit I just bought.
Thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1120184-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

I just bought this cordless phone and I am having problems with a weird noise. Im wondering what is the problem?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 May 2020 23:16:31 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 May 2020 15:48:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I just bought this cordless phone and I am having problems with a weird noise. Im wondering what is the problem?

Disconnect the phone line and "answer" the phone. Do you still hear
it?

If so, plug it in as far from where it is now as possible. Even if
there is no phone line, you can stilll "answer" the phone. Does it
still hum. If so there was something near the first location.
If it hummed in the previous step and it no longer hums here, it's not
the phone.

Is it a 60 or 120 cycle per second hum? You can probably find those
frequencies on a piano and see how the hum compares. A-440 is iirc the
A below middle C

A-440 is the A ABOVE middle C, so everything is one octave higher.

in the center of the keyboard, which makes the A below
that 220 and the A below that 110. And below that 55. Are either 110
or 55 close in frequency.

The hum may be coming from a nearby fluorescent light or compact
fluorescent or an LED light bulb, Or even a motor or other electronic
device.

O3r it might be inherent in the new phone but that's unlikely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 13 May 2020 13:46:29 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll****

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

I had the same problem. After reading these posts I have moved the base station away from the recently installed 'TrueCall' call filter (which is brilliant), the buzzing has gone! thank you all

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1120184-.htm