Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Window frame, rot.

In article ,
charles wrote:
My theory is if you have 'cheap' wood that is prone to rot and the rot has
started, fixing a bit of it doesn't stop it happening in short order
elsewhere.

I have a window where the sill started to go about 6 or 7 years ago, I cut
out the bad bit, used wood hardener and did what I thought was a decent
repair. The rest of the sill has now decided to give up, so I'm having a
new window fitted. The original was early 1970s Magnet. (before we bought
the house)

Exactly what I found. So if just wanting a repair to extend the life for a
short while, any old filler is likely to work well enough. Wood hardener
and two part filler if the common brand cost rather a lot.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.