Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rory Rory is offline

Default TRV4 Rad Valves Leaking

On Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 3:14:03 PM UTC+1, Skodasdad wrote:
replying to Davidm, Skodasdad wrote:
Only replying so some others may know the answer as it's now 2019. You can get
a replacement seal and special key for these valves from Ebay (couldn't find
them anywhere else). There is a Drayton You Tube video that shows you exactly
how to do it and it takes about 5 minutes.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ng-922567-.htm

Found one of ours had been quietly leaking for a while. Emailed Drayton and they said the seal should be tightend an eighth of a turn every year using a pair of long-nose pliers, then replaced when it bottoms out.

I've never heard this before, but Googling a line from their email, I found the email was simply a cut and past of Drayton FAQ about it - but it's not in their FAQ list, you can only find it by Googling!

Sadly no free seals sent - they referred me to a supplier. I'd already ordered the kit off eBay anyway.