Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car battery charging current.

In article ,
bert wrote:
My leisure battery on the caravan has gone flat, so flat that my (very
old) Halfords Automatic charger won't start charging it.
What would be the result of linking this battery across my car battery
in terms of how quickly it would charge and would it damage the leisure
battery?

Many modern chargers need some volts from the battery to connect to it.
If you link another battery to it and the charger at the same time, that
will let the charger connect. Then disconnect the spare battery. The
charger should then carry on charging the flat one.

--
*Avoid clichés like the plague. (They're old hat.) *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.