Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Front door do you need the triangle bit

On 10/05/2020 14:22, Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi All

I am changing our front door and the new one came with a triangular
cross section bit of timber (probably around 50mm X 50mm) that goes
along the bottom of the door. I assume it is some sort of weather
protector? The current door does not have anything and was wondering
if it is ok to fit the new door without it? SHMBO believes the door
looks better without it.

Up to you. You can always fit it later if rain ingress is a problem.

My front door which faces into right the weather has one on and it stops
ingress of water even in the strongest gales and rainstorms. Its
predecessor rotted away and fell to bits so it is certainly needed!

My back door which is under a partial rain shield doesn't and seems to
be fine but it almost never gets the wind driving heavy rain against it.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown