Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Window frame, rot.

On 09/05/2020 12:55, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I would say you will get away with filling that after applying hardener. As for the sill yes you can get a sill that is moulded as one for the bottom member of the frame and a separate type known as a loose sill and yes it will extend to the inside. At a guess because there seems some cracking of the paint where the sill meets the frame I would say yours is a loose sill but you can always have a poke around to verify that.

Richard

The cracking of paint is where there is 3 layers.
The bottom layer is a stone sill.
Then there is the wooden part where it is rotted.
And between the 2 is like a putty type substance.