Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Sewermen (TV Prog)

On 08/05/2020 09:08, John wrote:
I watched an excellent programme about the work of the Water Board in
clearing drains and sewers - a huge fatburg was a big task.

It got me wondering - could they install a "fat separator" and then
increase the Water Charges to the busines that casues the problem?

I rather got the impression that they were just going to accept they would
have to come back and clean it again. No sign that they were addressing the
cause. Does anyone know different?

Isn't the bigger problem with the formation of fat burgs the number of

wet wipes that people continue to flush down the toilets. These can act
as a binding agent for the fat.