Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Home brewed beer - hard or softened water?

"alan_m" wrote in message
There was a campaign to try and save Morland brewery and Old Speckled Hen
appeared in many free houses at the time. I personally thought that the
beer wasn't worth saving and I've had the GK version since and have not
changed my opinion.

Yes, I'm inclined to agree. I like most beers (as opposed to lagers) but Old
Speckled Hen is one that I never really liked. I suppose if I was Jilly
Goolden (or someone of her ilk - I know she's a wine, not beer, connoisseur)
I'd come out with some pretentious adjectives to describe its taste, but
"washing up water" probably comes close enough. ;-) Perhaps I just had a
bad pint...

Mind you, I haven't tasted (or even brewed) my efforts yet... What
adjectives will I use to describe its flavour?