Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Gas Restrictor

But its not a reply to anything, hence my response, I suspect he may have
joined one of the less good web interfarces.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" wrote in message
Cynic wrote:
Simple answer is yes but the screw in "plug" section normally has a soft
face to provide the shut off. Newer models have a "dowty" type seal under
the cover cap but older ones used a fibre washer that overenthusiastic
tightening could split. Also you should really plug the hole left when
the pipe to the fire is disconnected. A 1/4"bsp screw in plug with thread
seal is one method. If the olive on the gas fire connection pipe is a
soft version be careful not to damage it on reassembly. Finally check gas
tightness with a leak test fluid unless you can carry out a full
soundness test.

Only 15 years late. Have you joined HOH?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls