Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default DIY rinse aid

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 May 2020 10:49:27 +0000, RJH wrote:

On 5 May 2020 at 10:19:18 BST, "Spike" wrote:

On 04/05/2020 11:56, tim... wrote:

I am out of rinse aid (and am disinclined to make a special trip to
the supermarket to buy some)

can I make some more by watering down washing up liquid, or will that
not work?

Get some genuine stuff. Amazon's best seller:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finish-Rins.../dp/B0080OXKXM

2 x 800ml Finish rinse aid, choice of Original or Lemon, free delivery.

Get some dishwasher powder/tabs while you're at it...

Or just use all-in-1 tablets - removes the need for salt and rinse aid.
Haven't put either in my dishwasher for a long time . . .

Even with 3-in-1, our salt does get used ... slowly.

the salt dispensing mechanic won't know that you have 3-in-1 tab

it will dispense whatever amount of salt you have programmed regardless
what's in the soap tray

tim