Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY rinse aid

On Tue, 05 May 2020 12:10:01 +0100, tim... wrote:

"RJH" wrote in message
On 5 May 2020 at 10:19:18 BST, "Spike" wrote:

On 04/05/2020 11:56, tim... wrote:

I am out of rinse aid (and am disinclined to make a special trip to
the supermarket to buy some)

can I make some more by watering down washing up liquid, or will that
not work?

Get some genuine stuff. Amazon's best seller:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finish-Rins.../dp/B0080OXKXM

2 x 800ml Finish rinse aid, choice of Original or Lemon, free
delivery.

Get some dishwasher powder/tabs while you're at it...

Or just use all-in-1 tablets - removes the need for salt and rinse aid.
Haven't put either in my dishwasher for a long time . . .

actually, it seems very difficult to buy anything other than 3-in-1 ATM

I was looking for some more powder, but I ended up having to buy 3-in-1
tabs

but I'm still working my way through the last lot of powder

That's looking at own brands BTW, I think I could have bought a branded
powder - at about twice the price per wash of the own brand tabs

I get 5kg tubs of dishwasher powder from CPC. I don't get the 10kg ones
because they don't fit in the cupboard.