Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default DIY rinse aid

On 04/05/2020 14:44, Andrew wrote:

I use Ilford Ilfotol wetting agent intended for the final
rinse when developing film. Brilliant for cleaning glass
and leaving a streak-free finish.

Filtered de-ionised water works well for streak free finishes on
windows, mirrors etc. (even when cleaned in full sunshine). Just let the
windows drip dry.

I have a filter kit that I initially purchased for for producing water
for my fishtank. It can produce 25 litres in around 6 hours that I now
use for cleaning windows etc.

I use a brush or fluffy bar to initially remove any grime (perhaps with
some detergent applied directly to the brush/bar if the windows have
stubborn dirt). A large garden sprayer that only ever used for filtered
water is then used to thoroughly rinse down the windows. The windows are
then just left. Internal glass has a light spray with the filtered
water and then dried with a paper kitchen towel.