Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Car battery charging current.

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:

Not the other way round, Charles? Most pulleys I've seen are steel
pressings rather than castings.

Exactly as I said. Ford competition grade was a casting.

Seems odd. A casting is rarely as strong as a pressing, like for like.

Probably the casting was much thicker metal.

I suppose an early car only had the one pulley so how much space it took
up not a problem.

But I really can't remember seeing a cast pulley on any car - even more so
if a performance part where weight is important.

I suspect strength was the most important. It had a smaller diameter.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England