Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default DIY rinse aid

"Andrew" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:
I am out of rinse aid (and am disinclined to make a special trip to the
supermarket to buy some)

can I make some more by watering down washing up liquid, or will that
not work?

tim

Washing up liquid tends to leave smears, if not rinsed off.

I use Ilford Ilfotol wetting agent intended for the final
rinse when developing film. Brilliant for cleaning glass
and leaving a streak-free finish.

hence the confirmation that my suggestion is sensible

cos when I use to develop film we use a thin solution of washing up liquid
as a drying agent

but that would be mixed per use, and it didn't matter if the solution was a
bit bubbly

I guess that the hardness of the water helps

tim