Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Car battery charging current.

Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:
Fredxx posted
There is very little literature on battery charging, of when a charging
device might switch from constant current to constant voltage at
different initial charging currents.

My car battery charger, bought second-hand forty years ago for £5, has
just packed up. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement? Doesn't
have to be portable, just plug into the mains and recharge a flat car or
lawnmower battery. Preferably for the same sort of price I paid for the
last one ...

Unless you are desperate, keep an eye on the special offers by ALDI and
Lidl. Both offer clones of Ctek smart chargers every now and then for
about £15, a fraction of the Ctek equivalent price.

I have an Aldi one and bought my son in law a Lidl one. They are
functionally much the same and do the job.

--
https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking