Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Hoarding

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 2 May 2020 13:58:03 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house. Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

There were no cockroaches or mice in the case that follows, but I knew a
girl who saved every piece of mail, including junk mail and unread
magazines, that she got.

I was over there for some reason and like you say there was a narrow
path trough the (small fwiw) living room to the dining room. There was
a cabinet her sister had bought her to get her to organize her stuff,
but it was still in the box, unassembled.

So she's dating someone and they want to get married but his condition
is that she clean up her house before then. But she didn't, and they
married anyhow.

They were never going to live there, becuase it was a small cheap house,
all she could afford, but together they could afford better.

And I suppose she could sell her house with all the junk mail filling
the living room, but what if there is important mail mixed in. Probably
was.

Anyhow, this girl was a sex counseler at some college, believe it or
not, and her goal was iiuc to keep students from getting pregnant, and
they/she more likely would frequently tell her that she only had sex
once and that's when they got pregant, and my friend never believed
them.

But she and her brand new husband only had sex without birth control
once, on their wedding night, and she got pregnant. Just like those
girls told her.

Now the house they had bought together was 60+ years old and needed some
remodellng, and she couldn't live there while they were making all that
dust, because of the baby, so for the first several months of their
marriage, she lived in her old clutttered house and he lived in the new
one, and they only saw each other at dates at the hardware store.

--the end--