Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hoarding

I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house. Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/20 1:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

Another link he
https://www.aetv.com/shows/hoarders
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

I've seen that. Hard to imagine they exist. If you ever watch American
Pickers you see some of that and they just can't bear to sell some of it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 May 2020 14:00:03 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 5/2/20 1:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

** People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

Another link he
https://www.aetv.com/shows/hoarders

It's a very common mental illness.
The TV shows tend to sensationalize the worst cases.
for TV ratings doncha know ..
Years ago, I thought it might be related to people who
grew up in poverty or through bad times -
.. apparently not.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-05-02 13:44, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

I've seen that.Â* Hard to imagine they exist.Â* If you ever watch American
Pickers you see some of that and they just can't bear to sell some of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 May 2020 13:58:03 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house. Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

A friend's neighbor is a hoarder. Calls himself a "collector"but the
basement is packed with newspapers and magazines. Last spring he had a
frozen drain back up and fill the basement a foot deep in water. He
got spme shopping containers and emptied out the basement - salvaging
every piece that didn't get wet - and when the basement was all
cleaned out and dried it all went back in. A year later and apparently
you would never know any had been lost - - -. Said you had to walk
sideways to get from the back door to the stairs. The rest of the
house is no better but the stuff their MIGHT actually have had some
value at one point.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

Been watching it for a few years now. I'm amazed how they can live that
way. One show today the guy had cockroaches by the millions everywhere
and he slept in his bed where most of them hid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/20 5:24 PM, Hawk wrote:
On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

Been watching it for a few years now. I'm amazed how they can live that
way. One show today the guy had cockroaches by the millions everywhere
and he slept in his bed where most of them hid.

Was that the retired pharmacist?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-05-02 13:44, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough
the house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

I've seen that.Â* Hard to imagine they exist.Â* If you ever watch
American Pickers you see some of that and they just can't bear to sell
some of it.

I have walked into customer houses that were hoarders
before.Â* Disgusting, especially all the cat **** you
have to step over.

I would refuse to enter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-05-02 13:44, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough
the house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

I've seen that.Â* Hard to imagine they exist.Â* If you ever watch
American Pickers you see some of that and they just can't bear to
sell some of it.

I have walked into customer houses that were hoarders
before.Â* Disgusting, especially all the cat **** you
have to step over.

I would refuse to enter.

She was in tears as no one else would. And her husband
just took off with the kids. He did the right thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 2 May 2020 13:58:03 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house. Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

There were no cockroaches or mice in the case that follows, but I knew a
girl who saved every piece of mail, including junk mail and unread
magazines, that she got.

I was over there for some reason and like you say there was a narrow
path trough the (small fwiw) living room to the dining room. There was
a cabinet her sister had bought her to get her to organize her stuff,
but it was still in the box, unassembled.

So she's dating someone and they want to get married but his condition
is that she clean up her house before then. But she didn't, and they
married anyhow.

They were never going to live there, becuase it was a small cheap house,
all she could afford, but together they could afford better.

And I suppose she could sell her house with all the junk mail filling
the living room, but what if there is important mail mixed in. Probably
was.

Anyhow, this girl was a sex counseler at some college, believe it or
not, and her goal was iiuc to keep students from getting pregnant, and
they/she more likely would frequently tell her that she only had sex
once and that's when they got pregant, and my friend never believed
them.

But she and her brand new husband only had sex without birth control
once, on their wedding night, and she got pregnant. Just like those
girls told her.

Now the house they had bought together was 60+ years old and needed some
remodellng, and she couldn't live there while they were making all that
dust, because of the baby, so for the first several months of their
marriage, she lived in her old clutttered house and he lived in the new
one, and they only saw each other at dates at the hardware store.

--the end--
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

In college I had a '50 Olds, and I saw another on the street with
back-up lights, and with a lot of nerve, I put a note on the window
asking to buy the lights. He didn't want to do that but we became
friends. He actually had two of them, one a fastback.

He had another place where he lived, but he also owned an old townhouse
that I visited and and it had scorse, hundreds or wooden open boxes that
contained electronic and auto parts. He gave me a bunch, most of which
I still have, I'm sure, though I don't remember which is which. There
was no furniture on the ground floor, just boxes, with a narrow lane for
walking. I don't know what was upstairs.

I hated to do it but when I left chicago, I hadn't been able to sell the
Olds, so I gave it to him. It might have been more of a burden than a
treat (My brotther had given me his '65 Catalina, and as much as Iliked
the Olds (it had a better readio, even though, or because, it was tubes,
not transistors) I liked the Pontiac more because it was a convertible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2020 6:41 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 5/2/20 5:24 PM, Hawk wrote:
On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough
the house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

Been watching it for a few years now. I'm amazed how they can live
that way. One show today the guy had cockroaches by the millions
everywhere and he slept in his bed where most of them hid.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Was that the retired pharmacist?

I think so. With the daughter who tried talking to him together with the
psychiatrists and she no longer invites him to her house to see her
granddaughter nor do they obviously visit him. Two guys entered the home
and loved things around in the bedroom and roaches scattered everywhere.
I felt itchy just watching it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/20 3:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â*Â*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

I've seen that.Â* Hard to imagine they exist.Â* If you ever watch American
Pickers you see some of that and they just can't bear to sell some of it.

I like the American Pickers show. Also, Antiques Roadshow.
Going into some of these old farmyards is a neat experience for an
old farm kid. Some of those guys must never have traded a piece of farm
equipment. They'd apparently either bought all new or picked up stuff
at farm sales.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/02/2020 02:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house. Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

I've seen that. Hard to imagine they exist. If you ever watch American
Pickers you see some of that and they just can't bear to sell some of it.

I'm assuming American Pickers isn't about North Caroline banjo players?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sat, 2 May 2020 21:19:07 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

I've seen that. Hard to imagine they exist. If you ever watch American
Pickers you see some of that and they just can't bear to sell some of it.

I'm assuming American Pickers isn't about North Caroline banjo players?

....and on and on it keeps going ...the endless senile babble! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/20 10:19 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/02/2020 02:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2020 2:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
Â* A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

Â*Â*Â* People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.Â* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

I've seen that.Â* Hard to imagine they exist.Â* If you ever watch American
Pickers you see some of that and they just can't bear to sell some of it.

I'm assuming American Pickers isn't about North Caroline banjo players?

https://www.history.com/shows/american-pickers

Better start hoarding those 60-watt incandescents... Bob[_66_] Home Repair 127 December 17th 14 02:05 AM
Hoarding issues Brian Gaff[_2_] UK diy 8 June 25th 14 02:06 PM
Hoarding? Greg Guarino[_2_] Woodworking 29 November 9th 12 02:37 AM
Germans Hoarding Light Bulbs (No CFL) Bob-tx Home Repair 10 July 31st 09 04:23 AM
Compulsive Hoarding....Do You Know Someone LIke This? Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 42 January 19th 07 10:23 AM