Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Hoarding

On Sat, 02 May 2020 16:53:39 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 2 May 2020 14:00:03 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 5/2/20 1:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
* I came across a show on A&E called Hoarders and another called
Hoarders, Buried Alive.
*A link to one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlcen0vf8s

** People keep buying stuff until they need a trail to get trough the
house.* Cockroaches and mice keep them company in some cases.

Another link he
https://www.aetv.com/shows/hoarders

It's a very common mental illness.
The TV shows tend to sensationalize the worst cases.
for TV ratings doncha know ..
Years ago, I thought it might be related to people who
grew up in poverty or through bad times -
.. apparently not.
John T.

For SOME it is. They tend more to the "collector" side where they
save things they either couldnt afford when they were younger or
actually think there is a use for. Horders just have to have "stuff" -
and the more the better - value or no value.