Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Daewoo fridge conclusion

prodded the keyboard with:

Thanks everybody for your input on the fridge. It appears to be the
thermostat. I tried unplugging it overnight and then turning on
again. Same symptoms. The thermostat switching mechanism is in a
plastic box screwed to the side of the fridge compartment. So it is
subject to any humidity changes. The sensing bulb is attached to the
cooling plate underside. Since the behavoir didn't change after a 24
hour plus off period I decided to look inside the box. The box is
held to the inside with one screw and a tab. Just unscrewing the the
retaining screw and swinging the box away from the side started the
fridge compressor. Now it is cooling properly. So either the
capillary tube is faulty or the switch contacts are dirty. I think.
Anyway, I will be taking apart the switch mechanism to see if I can
clean the switch contacts. If that doesn't work I do have a little
temp controller that I can set to an exact temp that I can
substitute for the thermostat assembly. Thanks again for all the
reaponses. Cheers,
Eric

Hi Eric,
I don't know what fridge stats cost over there but they are only about
£10 for a universal one. They also come with a selection of knobs
just in case your original one doesn't fit.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.