Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Daewoo fridge conclusion

Thanks everybody for your input on the fridge. It appears to be the
thermostat. I tried unplugging it overnight and then turning on again.
Same symptoms. The thermostat switching mechanism is in a plastic box
screwed to the side of the fridge compartment. So it is subject to any
humidity changes. The sensing bulb is attached to the cooling plate
underside. Since the behavoir didn't change after a 24 hour plus off
period I decided to look inside the box. The box is held to the inside
with one screw and a tab. Just unscrewing the the retaining screw and
swinging the box away from the side started the fridge compressor. Now
it is cooling properly. So either the capillary tube is faulty or the
switch contacts are dirty. I think. Anyway, I will be taking apart the
switch mechanism to see if I can clean the switch contacts. If that
doesn't work I do have a little temp controller that I can set to an
exact temp that I can substitute for the thermostat assembly.
Thanks again for all the reaponses.
Cheers,
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 02 May 2020 19:20:39 +0100, Baron
wrote:

prodded the keyboard with:

[...]

Hi Eric,
I don't know what fridge stats cost over there but they are only about
£10 for a universal one. They also come with a selection of knobs
just in case your original one doesn't fit.

Since I already have a nice digital controller I won't be needing to
buy one. But thanks anyway.
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 02 May 2020 20:46:50 +0200, HW wrote:

On Sat, 02 May 2020 10:14:50 -0700, wrote:

I do have a little temp controller that I can set to an
exact temp that I can substitute for the thermostat assembly.

Make sure you don't set the temperature range too tight. You don't
want the compressor to turn on and off too frequently.

So what should the hysteresis be? and suggestions?
Thanks,
Eric