Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Connecting polypipe to lead pipe

In message , at
11:59:49 on Sat, 2 May 2020, Robin remarked:

No big deal to connect lead to copper using solder. For a decent plumber.

The consensus is that this is now banned for potable water.

And copper to plastic then gets you into not needing a decent
plumber.

One thing I've learnt in this thread is that there's probably no
such thing as a lead-polypipe connector. You have to go via copper.

I've read the thread as pointing to either copper soldered to lead

which isn't allowed.

or a lead-lock; and you can use lead-locks to plastic pipe (with insert
where appropriate).

Indeed. But is there no such thing as a poly-lead leadlock?

It's not a huge issue, other than trying to get the plumber to put one
(or two) on his van before he arrives.
--
Roland Perry