Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Connecting polypipe to lead pipe

In message , at 08:48:58 on Sat, 2 May 2020,
N_Cook remarked:

ps The water company previously tested the potable supply for lead, and
declared it so low it probably wasn't a lead pipe anyway. Ho Hum.

I have a small kiln and to improve that situation I made wrap-around
"pillows" of glass-fibre roof insulation inside "pillow-cases" of the
woven glass fibre mat as used in car-body repair.
Don't rely on thermostat readings, get a range of proving cones to
confirm/calibrate any meter readings

I don't have a kiln, and if I did it wouldn't be connected the potable
water supply.
--
Roland Perry