Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default CU cable entry

On 29/04/2020 10:19, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

How to get 4 cables into this CU?

armeg holesaw, doesn't need separate arbor so shorter (use with right
angle drill if possible)

https://screwfix.com/p/armeg-acceler8/1009r

The absolute best.

Did I show you them at ELEX or did you already know about them? I cannot
remember.

Also they do not fly through the hole you have just cut as they have a
wider diameter base than the hole you have cut.

Both CK and Starrett now have similar (first links I could find)

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXSSH20.html?

https://www.buildingsuppliesdirect.c...w-20mm-bf1320?

Its worth noting that they fit impact drivers (the Armeg one does) which
are usually smaller than a cordless drill if space is tight.

Usually when cutting into a DB or trunking full of cables I use the
floorboard lifter as protection against against the hole cutter causing
any damage.

--
Adam