Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default CU cable entry

On 29/04/2020 19:20, wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 April 2020 11:32:00 UTC+1, wrote:

Aren't there any knock-outs to, errr, knock-out?
If not, you could get a nibbler into a 4" gap and then improvise grommet
strip from anything suitable (saw blade protector, slit sleeving, T&E
outer ...) and then use high-temp silicone to form a seal.

Is that 18th edition passable?

I can't give a categorical "yes", but also can't see why not. The cable
is protected from the metal edge by the improvised grommet strip and the
hole is sealed and fireproof.
Hmm, I typed "high-temp silicone", but I meant "fire-retardant silicone"
- like this
https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsen...te-310ml/4019x