Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Heat pumps much better now?

On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 3:34:17 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 24 Apr 2020 17:09:57 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I didn't like the guy who wanted to reline my chimney. He said oil
burned hotter. Maybe but it's been burning hotter all these years too,
and it's not a masonry chimney. So for that and several other things
about him, I called anotehr company.

So counting the quack there have been 4 proposals and no one objected to
using the oil furnace, even though they know all about the airspeed, and
the only one to comment on the fusebox was the quack.

That's a good one Micky! You want to add a heat pump, have only a 60A
panel, and you think the only guy who checked what size service you have
is the quack?

A) He said I'd probably need a new one, but he didn't check what I had.

Suggesting you probably need a new service/panel without even checking
what it is, finding out it's 60A,
makes him dumber than the rest. And he's the only one that had anything
to say about the service. Go figure.

B) hew was a quack for several other reasons as I had clearly written,
about 2 of them. You a) just like to argue, b) like to argue with
someone who gets the better of you in political discussions.

Not arguing, just observing that while you say some of these HVAC guys
had 50 years experience, according to you not one of them bothered to check
what kind of service you have to support a heat pump and the service is
just 60A. So, like I said, just carry on, you're dealing with morons.