Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending a single gang box

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
Double socket, I very much doubt. However, prompted by TNP's comment, I
think I might be able to get away with a single gang module plate (e.g.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-1-gan...le-module-aper
ture-white/42092), and put two modules into it, it would require a stand
off to increase the depth, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Modular units tend to be quite wasteful of space. You could likely make up
one from a blank plate using chassis mount sockets to a greater packing
density.

To cut down on filing, quite a few data outlets etc are available in XLR
bodies, which only need a hole cut. You can squeeze 4 on a one gang plate.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.