Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No spark (distributor question)

phone internet.
I've got satellite here.(Huhges net)
This improved a few years ago when Blue Horizon... (or some other company)
came into the market and offered a service that still has 'reasonable'
speeds even after you've used up your daily/ monthly data allowance.

Not cheap though.. $60-90/ month

George H.

======================
Glad to help, and to hear that what I wrote was comprehensible. I flunked
Technical Writing in college and post here for practice.

I feel cheated by monthly TV/phone/net bills higher than what I pay for
electricity ($40). My computer-clueless neighbor's difficulties with
Internet-only government and commercial interactions indicate that Net
access is becoming a basic necessity. Perhaps that's intentional because it
drives people to carry smart phones that report their location.

During the last extended power outage when power, cable and phone lines were
down I couldn't find any useful weather info on the radio, but my 3G
cellular Internet gave me a radar image of what precipitation was coming and
about how soon it would arrive. I knew when to clean up fallen trees and
repair roof damage and when to cover it with a tarp.

I was on the predecessor of wireless Internet in 1972 when I maintained an
experimental Army digital tactical (mobile) communications network. During
exercises we were encouraged to chat with other nodes via Teletype to
generate random traffic.

The unit I was with drove up a dirt path to a forested mountaintop near the
Iron Curtain and set up the equivalent of a cellular tower, communications
center and its support village.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/rf...ngrange-satcom

"Military forces have been using troposcatter communications in various
forms since the 1960s to transmit voice and data without the use of
satellites or high-frequency (HF) radio signals."