Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default No spark (distributor question)

On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 7:51:44 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Clare Snyder" wrote in message

Oil smoke is blue - rich fuel smoke is black.
==================

The faint blue color of oil smoke can be hard to detect, depending on the
lighting and background color. I just noticed it in a newscast ad video for
a lumberjack competition when chainsaw startup exhaust drifted across a
white poster. I usually don't see my saw's cold startup exhaust as blue or
black against the natural background of green, grey and brown. But then
condensation coming out of my chimney looks white against the sky from down
sun, greyish against the trees from up sun.

Unless you're a smoker the sniff test can be more sensitive, indicating the
rich or leanness of the mixture when the exhaust is clear.

You can search for other people's postings on that engine and tractor. I'm
trying to not burn through too much of my metered 4G internet, since my
unmetered dialup ISP shut down.
https://forums.yesterdaystractors.co...c.php?t=745772

Thanks Jim, I've been to yesterday's tractor... nice place for
used parts. (or it use to be.)

phone internet.
I've got satellite here.(Huhges net)
This improved a few years ago when Blue Horizon... (or some other company)
came into the market and offered a service that still has 'reasonable'
speeds even after you've used up your daily/ monthly data allowance.

Not cheap though.. $60-90/ month

George H.