RB

Default Paintable Wallpaper

The paintable wall paper I have seen most has been used in Europe for a
long while. I've only seen it in the US in the past 10 to 15 years. It
is a coarse weave, looking a lot like burlap, but it is a paper product.
It takes paint well and if primed should not be a different color than
a plastered wall. It can be repainted.

Removing is not too difficult except that by painting it you will make
it more difficult to wet. Steaming will be an easier way to remove at a
later date.

RB

Monica wrote:
We're redoing a spare bedroom that has wallpaper and sizing on one wall.
The walls are all structurally sound, no cracks, holes, etc. I would like
to have it textured like the other three walls but that would be a lot more
trouble and expense than hanging a paintable wallpaper. I could have a bit
of visual interest but keep all the walls the same color. I'm not at all
familiar with paintable wallpaper. Can it be painted over more than once?
Is it any easier/different to remove than "regular" wallpaper? Can I count
on it being the same color of the other walls provided I use a primer on the
other three walls?
Thanks,
Monica