TURTLE

Default Air Conditioning Repair

"Old Salty Frog" wrote in message ...
While mounting and seting up my window framing around
the air conditioning unit (window mount type unit) I slipped
with the elec. drill and put 1/16" hole in the copper tubing.
Of course, the refrigerant leaked all out. Is my air conditioner
ruined? Since this portion of the copper tube where I accidently
put the hole into is easily accesable, can I solder it? Can the
unit be refilled with refrigerant? This unit is a FEEDERS model
A2Q10F2BG, type Q, SKU#401-183

Thanks

Gill

This is Turtle.

You will have to look at the cost to repair verses the cost of the Window unit. Boosty Cottongin here fixes them for $95.00 to
$135.00 total cost on 6K btu to the 24K btu. and if you only paid this to buy it. Weight of the cost and see. If the repairs was
made by a respectiable hvac repair service. This would not violate the warrenty.

Fixing it your self would be a ideal but you need the proper tools to do it right.

TURTLE

---