Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I'd like to buy a small lathe

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 13:27:20 -0700, Michael Terrell
wrote:

On 4/12/2020 11:51 AM, amdx wrote:
Hi all,
*I had a Harbor freight lathe that I bought used.
While I got some utility from it, it was rusted after a hurricane
damaged my shed roof. I sold it cheap letting someone else do the clean up.
*So, I want another lathe, I don't want anther HF unit, not even sure I
want one of the larger Grizzly Lathes. Might be convinced though.
*I have looked at Bolton Lathes and they interest me, But I'm really
stretching what I want to spend at $2,000 by the time I buy some
accessories.
* I have looked for a used lathe, but I don't want to start with
other people problems.
*Any suggestions what to look at?

****************************** Mikek

Ask Mark Wieber for one. He has dozens that mysteriously "appeared" in
his "shop."

Ha! I fix machinery in machine shops and stumble across lathes now
and then.

First question..what are you going to be doing with your lathe?

Will you be making tiny little RC drone parts..or will you be making
rear end parts for coal mining trucks..or somewhere in between?

Give us some idea of what you plan to use a lathe for and we can find
you something.

Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.