Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default tire bead sealant?

After laboriously installing and inflating a tube in a trailer tire with a
very slow (rim,valve?) leak I found it flat this morning, and air rushes out
the stem hole. This tube was from a hardware store, not the HF grade. I had
reinstalled the bead carefully with smoothed motorcycle tire levers and
partially inflated and deflated it 4 times to let the tube straighten itself
out.

The net suggests various home made bead sealer concoctions made from Slime
and liquid latex, which I have, "Mountains in Minutes". Has anyone found
liquid latex to work as a bead and valve stem sealant that as importantly
allows the tire to be removed?